Tip of the Week
Clean, sanitised plates and cutlery are a basic requirement when eating out so follow these rules to keep your dishwasher working to optimum efficiency.
Key things to note are:
- Strip and clean your dishwasher every day
- The dishwasher wash cycle should run between 49°C – 60°C
- The rinse cycle should run between 82°C – 88°C
- Use the correct detergent at the correct dosage
- Use the correct rinse aid at the correct dosage
Cheaper product cost does not always equate to lower cost. Some chemicals need a higher dosage than others so can cost more in the long run. Quality wins over quantity for this item!
Weekly Food Fact
Did you know that crushed beetles called Dactylopius Coccus produces the red food dye that is found in Skittles, maraschino cherries, raspberry and strawberry-flavoured junk food, and even lipstick!
Get, and keep, a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on Your Door!
Grab a copy of our FREE guide “5 Top Tips to achieve a level 5 Food Hygiene Rating” plus receive our latest food safety tips, alerts and weekly food facts directly to your inbox.