Tip of the Week
Currently the Coronavirus is a low to moderate level risk in the UK but there are precautionary steps we advise you take in your business to mitigate the risk further.
- Antibacterial handwash soap to be available at ALL handwash basins throughout the building (check and refill frequently)
- Blue roll dispensers to be kept filled at all times. DO NOT store blue roll on counter tops as the roll is easily contaminated by dirty hands.
- Kitchen sanitiser spray guns to be kept filled at all times for use in kitchen and front of house
- Wash hands using hot water and antibacterial handwash soap frequently during the day including before starting work and after every change in task. If your sink has hand operated taps, ensure staff close/turn off the tap using blue roll so hands are not re-infected.
- Use sanitiser and blue roll as a 2 stage cleaning process to clean worksurfaces frequently throughout the day
- Use sanitiser and blue roll to clean touchpoints such as fridge & equipment handles throughout the day
- Make sure your dishwasher is kept in a clean condition and are working at the correct temperature (rinse above 82°C)
Front of House Staff
- Wash hands using hot water and antibacterial handwash soap frequently during the day including before starting work and after every change in task. Use hand sanitiser in areas where there is no handwash basin
- Use sanitiser and blue roll to clean door handles throughout the building frequently throughout the day including –
- staff and customer washrooms – taps, toilet door locks and door handles, soap dispensers
- door handles and push panels throughout the building including front door
- front of house tables
- light switches
- stair bannisters
- Make sure your glasswasher is kept in a clean condition and are working at the correct temperature (rinse above 82°C)
- Ice machine – ensure the ice scoop is stored outside the machine and that the handle does not come into contact with the ice. Wash scoop in dishwasher daily
Follow the Government’s latest guidelines regarding foreign travel and returning to work or if you have been in contact with someone with Coronavirus. Instruct staff to inform their Manager and not attend work if they think they may have Coronavirus or have been in close contact with someone who has coronavirus. They must use the NHS 111 coronavirus service to obtain advice and testing.
Weekly Food Fact
Did you know that 80% of communicable diseases are transferred by touch alone which means they can be controlled by washing hands. Touching food, fridge handles, worksurfaces etc., with contaminated hands spreads illnesses. Hands need to be washed for 15 seconds or more with antibacterial soap to effectively kill germs.
Keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on Your Door!
Grab a copy of our FREE guide "5 Top Tips to keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on your door" plus receive our latest food safety tips, alerts and weekly food facts directly to your inbox.