- All foods except unprepared fruit & veg need to be date labelled. The manufacturers use by date takes precedence.
- Once a food is changed in any way it comes under your in-house labelling system. This includes opening the pack, preparing or cooking the item.
- You need a written Date Labelling Policy
- A standard date labelling policy is a 3 day policy
- Check your food dates each morning so any foods going out of date that day can be either sold, cooked or frozen to avoid wastage.
Alert We recommend using Coloured Day Dots – the Coloured Day being the Use By Date.
Did you know that White Rice will maintain its nutrient content and flavour for 30 years when stored in oxygen-free containers in temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit?