Tip of the Week
Safe Turkey Rules
- If frozen, defrost turkey fully on the bottom shelf in a refrigerator
- Cook to above 75°C for a minimum of 30 seconds
- If cooling to reheat later – Cool to fridge temperature within 90 minutes. Let it rest for 20 minutes then cool, using a blast chiller or place gastro pan on a bed of ice or use reusable ice packs below and around the bird to cool quickly. Store in refrigerator until needed (3 day shelf life once cooked)
- Reheat to above 75°C for a minimum of 30 seconds
- If hot holding, keep temperature above 63°C for a maximum of 3 hours
Record the core cooking temperature and the cooling times and temperatures.
Weekly Food Fact
Happy Christmas from the Food Safety Guru Team
Wishing you a season of gladness, a season of cheer and to top it all off – a wonderful New Year!
Keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on Your Door!
Grab a copy of our FREE guide "5 Top Tips to keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on your door" plus receive our latest food safety tips, alerts and weekly food facts directly to your inbox.