Tip of the Week
Happy New Year!
Let’s hope 2021 is a better year for us all.
New Year, New Start….. Let’s get our ducks in a row
- Is your HACCP manual up to date?
- Are you recording Core Cooking Temperatures of protein items, Cooling times and temperatures, fridge and freezer temperatures?
- Are your procedures correct AND, importantly, being followed? Review all your procedures and make sure you update your team if needed. Review your procedures for date labelling, storage, preparation, cooking, cooling and record taking. For example, are core cooked temperature checks taken and recorded on ALL high-risk batch cooked foods?
- Is your kitchen gleaming? If not, do a January spring clean to motivate your kitchen team.
- Staff Training – review any gaps in knowledge and compile a staff training plan.
Due diligence – it is your responsibility. Let’s start the new year with your best foot forward!
Weekly Food Fact
Talking of ducks, do you know why it is nearly impossible to sneak up on one? When snoozing, the “guard” ducks sleep with one eye open. This controls which side of the brain stays awake so they can sense any threat in under a second.
Keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on Your Door!
Grab a copy of our FREE guide "5 Top Tips to keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on your door" plus receive our latest food safety tips, alerts and weekly food facts directly to your inbox.