Tip of the Week
During the hectic festive period, it is essential to keep food safety as a priority. Kitchens are hot & busy and staff can be stretched.
Keep tight temperature control.
- Put deliveries away immediately
- Keep fridges below 5°C
- When preparing food, keep out in the kitchen for the shortest possible time. When prepared, cook or chill immediately
- Cook hot food to a minimum of 75°C for 30 seconds
- Cool food to 8°C within 90 minutes (blast chill or ice bath) then refrigerate
- Reheat food to above 75°C for 30 seconds
- Hot hold food at 63°C or above
- Cold hold food at less than 5°C
Don’t forget to record the core cooked temperature of high-risk foods and cooling times and temperatures as part of your due diligence.
Weekly Food Fact
Did you know that King Henry VIII was the first person to eat turkey on Christmas day!
Keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on Your Door!
Grab a copy of our FREE guide "5 Top Tips to keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on your door" plus receive our latest food safety tips, alerts and weekly food facts directly to your inbox.