Tip of the Week
Here are our top tips to avoid cross contamination in the kitchen at this busy time.
- Prepare raw meats separately from ready to eat foods
- Sanitise equipment, boards and work surfaces after food preparation
- Ditch the dishcloth – only use blue roll and sanitiser to clean during prep and service times – 2 stage cleaning process
- Prepare raw and dirty veg separate from clean & washed veg
- Use colour coded chopping boards correctly
- Store ready-to-eat above raw items
- Wash hands after every change in task.
Use colour coded chopping boards correctly to avoid cross contamination.
Weekly Food Fact
Did you know that there are three main breeds of Turkey. White Turkey has a subtle flavour. Black Turkey has a gamier flavour and fine texture. Bronze Turkeys are usually reared free range and have a distinctive gamey flavour and a firm texture.
Keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on Your Door!
Grab a copy of our FREE guide "5 Top Tips to keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on your door" plus receive our latest food safety tips, alerts and weekly food facts directly to your inbox.