Tip of the Week
Top Tips for reopening outside on 12 April
Preparing to open your venue for outdoor entertaining? Here are our top tips:–
- Organise customer tables giving a space between tables in accordance with current government guidance (currently 1+m) – use planters/screens to provide natural barriers.
- Operate table service only. A table ordering app is an ideal way of reducing contact between your staff and customers (a cleverly designed menu app can also potentially increase customer spend by highlighting products to your customers)
- Use single use menus or menu boards
- Single use condiments to be delivered to tables along with food. This can be in single use small condiment bowls or sachets. If using bottles or cruets, these will need to be sanitised after each use.
- All staff to wear face masks
- Take food & drink orders at a safe distance from customers (1m)
- Staff to deliver food and drink to customers tables and move away immediately to a safe distance.
- ALL staff to wash hands before starting work and wash hands frequently throughout the day
- Provide Hand Sanitiser for customer use at entrance to seating area with signage requesting all customers to use hand sanitiser on entering premises
- Clean and sanitise all dining tables after each change of customer
- Clean and sanitise all touchpoints frequently throughout the day including beer pump handles, screens, toilets, door handles, taps, etc
- Sanitise PDQ machine after use
- Any takeaway venues – Customers must wear face masks when inside. Limit numbers of customers indoors at any time
- Customer Toilets – Manage numbers of customers entering premises to use toilets; Customers entering premises must wear face masks; Have a one way system in place; Keep venue doors open to limit touchpoints; Llocate hand sanitiser outside the washroom area for customers to sanitise hands before and after entering/leaving washrooms; Put up signs inside the toilet areas requesting customers to wash hands after using the facilities; Provide handwash soap and paper towels (check stocks regularly)
- Ensure no ice scoop handles come into contact with ice and put scoop through dishwasher daily
- Payments to be taken via contactless methods wherever possible (contactless cards, Apple Pay etc). The till operator must wash their hands after handling cash
Keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on Your Door!
Grab a copy of our FREE guide "5 Top Tips to keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on your door" plus receive our latest food safety tips, alerts and weekly food facts directly to your inbox.