The term “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, telephone number, email address or mailing address.
This policy has been updated to reflect the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with effect from 25 May 2018
This Web Site is continually improved by adding new functionality and features and by improving and adding to existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, data practices will change from time to time. If and when data practices change, such changes will (as soon as practicable) be posted on this Web Site to notify you of the changes. You should check this page frequently.
You will understandably have a concern about privacy. Your privacy is respected and your personal information is treated with the highest standards of safety, security and confidentiality. To better protect your privacy, this notice explains online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used on this Web Site. If you have questions regarding this Policy, you may direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of Personal Data including email addresses
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Information is collected about you in an effort to make products and services on this Web Site more efficient and customized to you. You are free to browse this Web Site without revealing any personal information about yourself. However, once you provide your personal information, you are not anonymous.
The information you provide will be collected and stored. You may use this Web Site to register to receive additional information or services. When you register, you will be asked for contact information like your name, postal address and email address.
The information that you provide is sometimes supplemented with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal codes are received, third party software may be used to fix them.
Use of Personal Data
The purposes for which Personal Data is processed include the following:
- To respond to your requests and to fulfil your orders for products and services.
- To improve products and services, make your experience more efficient and relevant and provide you with a personalised service.
- To administer this Web Site.
- To analyse and research Web Site visitors’ demographics, interests, and pages viewed based on the information provided during ordering, from server log files, or surveys.
- To contact you from time to time with information of new products and services or events that may be of interest to you.
- To send you regular updates via our Tip of the Week or other emails to keep you up to date with legislation.
If you do not wish to receive information and want to be removed from mailing lists in relation to this Web Site, please send an email to email@example.com
Anonymous data collected through this Web Site
In addition to the information collected as described above, technology is used to collect anonymous information about the use of this Web Site. For example, technology may be used to track which pages of this Web Site visitors view. Technology may also be used to determine which Web browsers visitors’ use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables the compilation of statistics about Web Site visitors and their use of this Web Site.
This Web Site contains hyperlinks to other pages on this Web Site. Technology may be used to track how often these links are used and which pages visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables the compilation of statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Such anonymous data is used to improve the content and functionality of this Web Site and email updates, to better understand clients and markets, and to improve services.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will not be shared, sold or distributed with unrelated third parties, except under these circumstances:
- Personal Data may occasionally be transferred to third parties for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented;
- Personal Data will be transferred to third parties for further processing in order to fulfill orders placed by you via this Web Site and to provide an after sales service;
- Third parties are engaged to perform services or functions in order to manage and improve this Web Site, merchandising, marketing and promotional efforts, communications or other services. Those third parties include authorized contractors, consultants, legal advisors and other companies (collectively, “agents”). They only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not share any personal information with others or use it for any other purposes than that which is contractually agreed. Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, that third party is contractually required to take adequate precautions to protect that data and maintain confidentiality. Information about you may also be received from other sources (such as demographic information and purchase history) and it may be added to records about you in order to make marketing efforts more efficient;
- The information in this Web Site’s databases may be shared or transferred to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of the databases or this Web Site, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event;
- Where you have consented, your information may be disclosed to partners or other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you;
- During the purchase process, your information may be shared with certain intermediaries (e.g. Royal Mail) strictly to process and ship your order.
Data integrity and security
Personal Data in this Web Site’s databases are maintained to a high standard of reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency and to protect the privacy and security of the databases. Personal Data will be kept only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
Employees and third parties who have access to Personal Data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality. Although loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of data cannot be guaranteed, such unfortunate occurrences are prevented as far as reasonably possible.
Security measures protect you while you shop on this Web Site so that you never have to worry about credit card safety. We use Paypal to securely process all card payment transactions. Only the last five digits of your credit card number will be revealed when you are sent an order confirmation. However, the entire credit card number will be transmitted to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
Third party sites
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit identification of your Personal Data, such Personal Data held about you will be disclosed to you. Corrections, amendments or deletions to Personal Data that is inaccurate can be made and will be notified to any third party recipients.
If you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be charged for a correction request, however, for all other requests, you may be charged a fee of £10.00 to cover costs. Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations.
You may ask to have your account information removed from this Web Site’s active databases; however, because this Web Site tracks past purchases, information associated with past purchases cannot be deleted. Such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible based on your account activity. Also, as a security measure, the data stored on this Web Site’s systems is “backed-up”, and such prior information cannot be completely removed from the databases. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your Personal Data will be completely removed from the databases in response to your requests. However, please be aware that your personally identifiable information will be kept only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
You must be at least 18 years old to use this Web Site. Personal Data about visitors under 18 years of age will not be knowingly collected, used or disclosed. If you are a minor, you can use this Web Site only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
Transfer of Personal Data abroad
The Internet is made up of a large number of international connections. If you are visiting this Web Site from a country other than the country in which its server is located (currently England), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting this Web Site and communicating electronically, you consent to these transfers.