Tip of the Week
One of the most important things your staff need to remember is frequent and effective handwashing.
We recommend that all staff are reminded weekly at a quick staff gathering to wash their hands using the following process –
- Wet hands
- Apply soap
- Run hands together covering backs of hands, palms, fingers and between fingers for around 20 seconds
- Dry hands using blue roll and if using hand operated taps, turn off taps using blue roll so clean hands are not re infected
All staff to wash hands –
- On arrival at work
- After changing into uniform
- On entering or re-entering your work zone (kitchen, bar, front of house) – every time!
- After every change in task – especially important in the kitchen
- After bringing in deliveries
- After touching face, coughing, sneezing, going to bathroom, eating, etc.
- If using gloves – before putting gloves on and after removing them
- Front of House – after handling cash
- Front of house – before removing glasses from glasswasher
- Front of house – after handling items used by customers (crockery, glasses, cruets, cutlery etc)
All handwash basins to be stocked with handwash soap and single use hand drying facilities – paper towels/blue roll/hand dryer. All handwash basin and taps to be cleaned and sanitised frequently throughout the day.
Weekly Food Fact
Did you know that 1 in 5 people do not wash their hands after using the bathroom. Of those that do, only 30% use soap! Hands need to be washed for 20 seconds or more with soap to effectively kill germs. Bacteria and viruses can be found on over a quarter of our hands!
Keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on Your Door!
Grab a copy of our FREE guide "5 Top Tips to keep a Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating on your door" plus receive our latest food safety tips, alerts and weekly food facts directly to your inbox.